Thursday, December 06, 2007

Goodbye, Morning News.

I can't stay mad forever. Either I sit here and bitch about it all day long or I dry those almost-tears forming in the corner of my eye and start filling out applications. Do I have a choice? So many people expect me to be strong and carry on. Some people even laughed and said "No way". My mother didn't even believe me when I told her. It took my sister's firm confirmation in order to gather her acceptance.

I really wonder, even though I have no way of knowing, if anyone will miss me. I know exactly who won't, but I hope the ones I liked will. I know I'll miss them.

Anywho... tomorrow I'll be heading over to the unemployment office and filling out paperwork most of the day. Then around 4:30, I have a date with Ms. Danielle, who finally agreed to hanging out with me. Part of me thinks it shouldn't be so hard to get a date with someone you might be destined to be with, the other part thinks it definitely shouldn't be easy.

Also, something that's much harder than finding a new job, harder than leaving the best job I ever had behind, and harder than telling everyone I know all at once that I lost it.....

Telling my dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Wes, I may be from E.S. and have hippie parents and possibly exert some hippie-like qualities...

but i'll care about you no matter where you are.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you, Wes. Don't forget us. And carrot cake is super yukky.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Peggy Treiber & Jeremy Hess said...

Wes, I was fired when I was in my 20s, from the Northwest Arkansas Times. It means NOTHING about who you are, the essence of your being or why you're here. I thought it was the best job of my life. It turned out to be just one of many best, as it will for you. There are adventures in store so hang on for the ride! Hugs!
-- Peggy Treiber

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home