Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Two Images

"Coffee"

I call these kinds of shots "problem photos". There's always going to be people who look at that shot and don't really like it-- whether it's the blurry face in the right of the frame or the blaring lamp behind the subject. To me, though, it fits. Everything fits just fine-- not that it "wows" me. I just remember an editor back in the day at the Traveler going on and on about this shot because of its rich colors and "crispness" I think she said. Just goes to show that a photo can have all kinds of perks, (no pun intended) but if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. What do you guys think?

Also, I read Sherminator's story about the verizon tower being on the library in Rogers. Fayetteville recently had a big ordeal about towers being built and how to keep them from shaking up the landscape. I believe Mayor Coody wanted a tower that could "fit in". So in keeping with the idea that towers should be camoflauged with some kind of feature like trees.. I decided to make one that wouldn't really be noticed in the Rogers area, shown below. All thoughts are welcome.


Oh! And in case you guys haven't heard-- I was recently nominated Man of the Year by Gullible Magazine. I can't wait to get my gold-leafed plaque and engraved pen/pencil set. Awesome!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Marc F. Henning said...

hey wes, i hear you've been targeted for "Shermination."

6:46 PM  
Blogger Wes Putt said...

Although I haven't heard that myself, I'm inclined to agree.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha the 2nd one cracks me up.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hasta la vista, wes!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Wes Putt said...

Hasta la wha?

I ain't skeered.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home