Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Naturally Stated Weekend

Yesterday, I came home to find Zamora mowing the front lawn. He stopped the mower and alerted me that there's a raccoon in the tree. Lo and behold, this little critter had gotten himself stuck in a tree that was barely a branch in itself. We kept our distance and tried to hassle it away to no avail. Then, a flash of light came over me and I said, "I have an idea."

I rushed to my car and came back with my camera. I think Z might have thought my idea would get rid of the little guy, but I actually just realized what a great blog it would have made and started snapping away. Z even held a branch out of the way for a clearer shot.


At this point, he was extremely calm and just moved deliberately toward the end of the tree-- only to turn around and come right back. No poke or prod would arrest this little dude. He was there to stay. So we decided finally to just leave him be and he'd scurry off on his own.

Except...
Zamora must have had something nice in his room, because as we carried on with our day, little Robber here inched his way to the sill of Z's window. As I approached the front door, he crabwalked backwards and just went to his happy place, as you can see above.

When I came back from dinner at my dad's house, I saw that the raccoon was gone. Zamora simply stated "He's been taken care of." Shocked, I asked him what he meant--- but I'll stop there. The rest is for him to tell.

In other news, I had an awesome canoe trip this weekend with some co-workers. Melissa was kind enough to provide a bit of photo coverage, and Zac got a great group shot of us all.

Below is one of Melissa's Kodak Moments of yours truly. It even looks like I'm saying "Yours Truly." That or... "You gotta be f*#%&$g kiddin' me."



Stay tuned.

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

what happened to the little guy???

6:18 PM  
Blogger Marc F. Henning said...

raccoon stew.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

you're a horrible person marc.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Marc F. Henning said...

it's called the food chain melissa. think of all the DVD's you could buy on the grocery savings from one little coon. with the price of gas and impending inflation we'll all be shopping at Mother Nature's Neighborhood Market before long.

Get In Mah Belly Mr. Raccoon!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

OK marc, you have a point. But a Raccoon is so precious. I'd rather hunt down Bambi!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Marc F. Henning said...

you beast!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I plead the fifth.

I will say, this raccoon is oddly impervious to water. At least it was.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home