Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Diving Team

Today, I helped Yerby with team photos for Basketball and the Swimming and Diving Team. I think today's theme should have been "synchronicity". At this point, Yerby and I have a fluid system for setting up strobes, posing athletes, and making adjustments when necessary.
I've become fairly comfortable with communicating the needs of the athletic department officials to Yerby and seeing to it that I help him meet those needs to the best of my ability. Yikes... that's starting to sound like a resume letter... in short, I think today was a success. After the Swimming and Diving team portrait, we drove to the swimming pool and did some action photos of the diving section. This year, we have four divers, all of whom simply burst with personality.


Brie & Madison attempt a synchronized dive.Kellyn placing herself at the same angle of the roofing panels...Intentional? maybe...
I'm not sure what this is called, and I'm sure someone will tell me, but I like the symmetry of it.
Kellyn again, collecting herself before a dive from the 15 meter platform. Tense, isn't it?

The Ladybacks have three home meets with the swimming and diving team this year in Fayetteville. One is coming up in November, which I look forward to. I have little experience shooting water sports, and I can't wait for the opportunity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

http://strangersamong.blogspot.com/

^^since you like pictures of people, its an interesting blog with many contributors that take pictures of the "overlooked" people of our society.


http://ketchupphotography.blogspot.com

^^posted some photos i've taken so you can look.


-Joey

10:18 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

You have a blog? I love people with blogs! I'm so bookmarking you.

Man, I haven't shot diving since...well, never. Nice stuff. Keep it up.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home