Thursday, August 10, 2006

Summer Photos

Okay.. I might have gone a little overboard, but I just couldn't help it! First photo post and all... anyhow, these are my favorite images from my summer break.

SEC Outdoor Championship, Pole Vaulting.
I LOVE the sky in this photo. I am usually not a silhouette hunter, but I couldn't resist this chance.

This is an outtake from a project on the Eureka Springs Triathlon. After the race, I found some teenagers jumping into Lake Leatherwood from an old diving platform. I should have shot from an angle that shows the ladder a bit more clearly, but I think the shadow at the bottom is telling enough.

This fella from the ES Triathlon was happy to show off his injuries from battle. Luckily, the medics gave him a bandaid on his elbow.
Just before the race begins, the swimmers get into the zone by taking deep breaths and slowly exhaling. It sounded like a huge breathing apparatus.
A rider from Dallas Athletics goes through inventory at around 8:30 in the morning. Temperatures were already in the mid-90's by that time, so hydration was key.

Here's a couple from a local skate park. This shot was a little scary-- I laid flat at the edge of a ramp and let them jump over me.
As I was sitting down, chatting with some of the skateboarders about horrific injuries, I noticed this little scene in one of the halfpipe banks.
Another silhouette. Man... I guess I AM a silhouette hunter.
My good friend invited me to the Bentonville Hot Air Balloon Festival, or as most people call it, 'Balloon Fest". I had all the flame-lit night shots, so I decided to post something that said "family time".
Another outtake... this one is from the SEC Outdoor Track Championships. When I shot this photo, I already knew I wanted it in monochrome. It's a little cluttered, but I still like it.


Looking back, it's been a really great summer. I'm sure the fall is going to be crazy, but I'll make time to post here and there.

Mohalo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This young man must really make his parents proud. Dedication, hard work, committment...what more could you ask for..

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home