Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a few more...


After a rapid-moving thunderstorm passed through Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville and several other towns witness the felling of several giants. This house, just off Arkansas Avenue, shows how closely the storm came to the University of Arkansas campus. Luckily, the main campus was unaffected.

This is another photo from last night. At twilight, I saw a lot of couples taking strolls around campus (corny, I know) but I decided to look for a good romantic scene. The peace fountain was abandoned except for this couple relaxing on the encircling stone situpon. This is a rare situation when three different light temperatures converge to make a nice photo-- flourescent from the fountain, tungsten from the sidewalk lamp, and daylight from the evening sky.

An addition photo from last night's pep rally rehearsal. I meant to put this up last night, but I was just too tired! The curves do it best for me. Curves from the stage, that is!

This was a little scene I found today inside the Arkansas Union on campus. I'm not sure why, but several students sitting in the corner decided to inflate their umbrellas while they chilled on the couches. I thought this was a funny way to protest the current weather we've been having-- but it looks like they were having fun!


Also, my first photo from the internship ended up on the www.ladybacks.com website. It is a photo of the volleyball team standing hand-in-hand during the national anthem. That's all for now. Two more days of the first week. Hopefully I'll have more tomorrow.

Mahalo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home